Friday, February 18, 2011

Les Miserables-First Theatre Ever

17th Feb 2011. Today, we all had an impromptu idea--to watch theatre in London and get in touch with our artistic side. Since it was a weekday, and they offer student tickets at 27.50 pounds. So along I went with boyfriend and three other exchange students to London, Queen's theatre for my first every musical theatre.

I always wanted to watch theatre, but none of my friends actually share the same interest with me. And of  course tickets are darn expensive. But since we are in London, it is just a must-do thing to watch some theatre.
We chose Les Miserables as according to some friends, this is quite a brilliant production. Boyfriend and I rushed out after class, just in time to get the last 2 student tickets. But of course, different seats, me at the stall and he together with the other guys at the dress. I was really surprised that it was full house despite it was a Thursday, weekday night. And people who were present really appreciate this kind of art, giving applauses scene after scene. But of course, the cast and crew were really good, be it singing or acting.

Les Miserables is at its 25th year this year. The story takes place in France starting from 1815. It's a play full of high and low emotions and of course a lot of singing and dancing. Like reccomended, this is really a brilliant production. Furthermore, Gareth Gates was one of the leading actor. *giggles*
I really love performing arts. Watching this theatre brings the same excitement and emotion as when I was watching a Grade A dance competition. You have the cheeky, the love and the seriousness. Behind all the gracefulness, there is a power that cannot be explained, outreaching all the audience. After watching a whole 2.5 hours, all I can say is just a simple "WOW"!

Really looking forward to watch another production again.

"Do you hear the people sing, singing the song of angry men, it is the music of the people, who will not be slaves again"

No comments:

Post a Comment