Tuesday, February 15, 2011

First week

It's almost one week since I reached UK. The UK is such a lovely country with friendly and helpful people.

We reached on 4th Feb 2011 in Stansted Airport from KL and then it's a almost 2 hours train and tube ride to the school. University of Surrey, this is my host school in UK. It is situated 40 minutes, south-west away from London. Just like NTU in Singapore is about 1 hour away City Hall/Orchard etc. It's a small school, with Engineering being it's largest faculty. Walking one end to another takes about 10 minutes, unlike NTU which requires 15 minutes by bus! Haha. But walking in such cold weather is not very pleasureable for me since I am not a cold type of person. The weather here is sort of cloudy all the time, with execption of one or two sunny days. Which makes me extremely happy when the sun comes out. But even then, the temperature is still below 10 degrees C which I sometimes can shiver even with winter jacket.

Over here, I'm staying in the school's accommodation, flat style. The flat mates are all friendly and playful bunch. They do what normal teenagers do. Okay suddenly I feel damn old, coz they are all just merely 18/19 years old. The flat has a kitchen, so we've been cooking quite a lot, to save money. Pork chop, curry, "ma po" tofu and a lot more to come. Too lazy to take pictures.

The first Saturday, a few of us went to the West Minster Abbey to visit Big Ben, the Abbey and also some churches. Not forgetting, the oh-so-wonderful Buckingham Palace. This is where the Royal Wedding of Prince William will be held on 29th April 2011. We even reached in time to see the Changing Guards. Too bad, our location was not very good, so we could only see one part of the procession.

I think I should end here. Loads of words and no pictures will just bored everyone out. Keep a look out for pictures and posts on my UK/ Europe trip. As for now, back to literature readings.

No comments:

Post a Comment