Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Time Flies

9th week already??? I am in the UK for the 9th week already. Still remember the day when my family brought the heavy-hearted me to the airport, it was still first day of Chinese New Year. But well, 9th week already. Another 12 weeks in the UK before hitting Europe with boyfriend, and then back to Singapore. Not forgetting that I am going to Spain next week and Ireland the week after next?? I have never traveled so hard in my life before LOL. Loads of money to burn but loads of experience to gain as well. Totally worth all the money spent.

For the 9 weeks, we have been travelling around UK a lot. Since I am so lazy to post my experience one after another, I shall sum it all up here!

London for their Oxford Street shopping. Okay, to sound less bimbotic, gotta visit the Big Ben, Westminster Abbey, Town (London) Bridge, St. James Park, Buckingham Palace for the Changing of Guards, London Eye and of course the red telephone booth which smells quite funky in it. After shopping in Oxford Street, you can just head on and on and on until you reach the China Town, Leichester Square.

Leichester (pronounce as Les-ter) Square: Must go for the famous roast duck rice, Four seasons. But they have several branches around London and it's really comfort food, especially when you need to leave home when everyone is feasting on Chinese New Year dinner.

Camden Town for the alternative scene, a.k.a. Punk scene and also Camden Market (flea market) If you are a punky person, or so you think you all, Camden Town will have good clothings for you. And not forgetting the Camden Market which is so huge. You can shop for nice souvenirs here, buy some antiques and also food.

Borough Market is yet another flea market in London. They sell mostly food, which is totally my favorite. Fresh or cooked, seafood or meat, cured or uncured meat, cuisine from all other countries and not forgetting the, awesome-st cheesecake! (I gotta go back there and try all their yummy food).

Windsor Castle for the British history and also to imagine how is it like if I were the Queen :D It is very surprising that we could spend almost all the day in the castle?? Listening at all the audio guide, getting awed by the magnificent architectures. It is in this town that we had our best encounter with British food. It is a pub called Carpenters!

Portsmouth, great harbor city withe good outlet shoppings. When we were there, the sun was shining, the wind was blowing and all in all, the day was really very good. And of course, coupled good weather with some retail therapy, totally the happiest day anyone could ask for.

Greenwich, yet another beautiful town where you go to see the Meridian Greenwich Line and visit the not-so-interesting museum. Too bad I didn't went into the paint musuem/hall, but according to boyfriend, that place is breath taking. Everything, from ceiling to the wall is painted! And if you are talented in music, this place will be your stop as Greenwich is where the Trinity School of Music is. Imagine you are surrounded by all talented music player~ That's life :)

Stonehenge in Salisbury. Nothing much to say here because it was raining when we went there. But it was very excited to me. We were driving from Bath to Stonehenge and along the road with green grasses, I was really anticipating the Stonehenge to pop in front of my eyes. And when I really see it (I think I was the first one to spot it, damn excited) I literally wanted to shout!

Bath. Our first drive trip which makes me feel that the North-South highway in Malaysia is actually slightly better than their motoway. But their service centers (or R&R in Malaysia) are way, way better than those we have in Malaysia. At least, they have  and Spencer and we don't even have things like Jusco in our service centers:P.  Bath is a small town for good spa if you have the extra bucks to spend. If not just hang around the Roman Bath, which is converted into a museum to learn about the history. But, never fall for the Sally Lunn's Bun. It is totally not worth it. We bought 4 and thought they were something special. But, oh dear they are just like any "roti kosong". We had to butter-toast the bread to go with some curry in order to swallow them.

Blackpool for the dance experienced of my life. This is the only town in the UK that I wrote elaborately about. Blackpool.

And of course not forgetting Guildford, the town that I will be in for the next two months. It is a small town but sad to say, I have not finish exploring it. I have not went to the castle, the Alice in Wonderland walking through a glass statue and anything beyond the High Street. I shall do that during the Easter break.

Easter is next week. One month of holidays with the Royal Wedding of William and Kate in the middle. I can't wait for my Spain and Ireland trip and also to witness my first royal wedding! Till then :)

No comments:

Post a Comment